Personal information is information or an opinion, in any form and whether true or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
There are further special provisions which apply to the collection of some personal information which is known as sensitive information. This includes health information and information about a persons' race, ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of political, professional or trade associations, religious or philosophical beliefs, sexual preferences and criminal history.
Collection of personal information by us
Airport Parking are required to collect personal information.
The kinds of personal information we collect and store may include (amongst other things):
- personal information you give us when you request a product or service from us. This information may include your intended travel dates, place of departure
- personal information you give us when you make a Booking/Payment. This information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, e-mail address, credit card details
- communications between you and us;
- transactional information about your use of our products and services (for example your feedback on your parking )
Where your personal information is stored
Where Airport Parking store your personal information depends on what products and services you have requested from us. However, some areas may include (amongst other things):
- Our booking system for use of processing transactions, providing confirmations, being aware of any special requirements and confirming identity
- Feedback databases for processing customer feedback
- Email databases for marketing purposes
How your personal information is stored
Airport Parking regularly review developments in security and encryption technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Accordingly, although Airport Parking strive to protect such information, Airport Parking cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Airport Parking or from Airport Parking online products or services and you do so at your own risk. Once Airport Parking receive your transmission, Airport Parking take reasonable steps to preserve the security of the information in Airport Parking own systems.
How your personal information will be used
Airport Parking collect your personal information so that Airport Parking can use it for Airport Parking functions and activities, which include, amongst other things:
- processing your Booking/Payment;
- being aware of any special travel requirements you may have;
- providing you with confirmation of your Booking/Payment and advising you of any changes;
- confirming your identity when you check in;
- addressing any feedback or complaints you may have;
- answering any queries you may have; and
- any purposes for which it was requested and directly related purposes, and developing, improving and marketing our products and services.
If you do not provide Airport Parking with your personal information, Airport Parking will be unable to do one or more of the above (including being unable to accept any Booking/Payment).
Exchange of personal information with third parties
Personal information Airport Parking collect from you may be disclosed:
- to any entity to which Airport Parking are required or authorised by or under law to disclose such information (for instance, law enforcement agencies and investigative agencies, courts, various other government bodies);
- to others that you have been informed of at the time any personal information is collected from you;
- to Airport Parking business associates and others for purposes directly related to the purpose for which the personal information is collected;
- to Airport Parking professional advisors and other contractors (for example IT consultants and mailing houses); or
- with your consent (express or implied), to others.
Airport Parking may also obtain personal and other information from some or all of the above to enable Airport Parking to provide Airport Parking services or products to you. When Airport Parking obtain personal and other information from third parties whom Airport Parking are referred to by you, Airport Parking will assume and you will ensure that you have made that third party aware of the referral of the persons and purposes involved in the collection, use and disclosure of the relevant personal or other information.
Use and disclosure of personal information by us
If Airport Parking use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the "secondary purpose") other the main reason for which it was originally collected (the "primary purpose"), to the extent required by law, Airport Parking will ensure that:
- the secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose of collection (and directly related in the case of sensitive information), and you would reasonably expect that Airport Parking would use or disclose your information in that way; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the secondary purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law; or
- the use or disclosure is otherwise permitted by law (for example, as a necessary part of an investigation of suspected unlawful activity).
Collection of information other than personal information
If you visit Airport Parking website, some of the information Airport Parking and/or our contractors collect about your visit to our website is not personal information because it does not reveal your identity. Information of this nature can include:
Site visit information
- When you visit Airport Parking website, Airport Parking and/or Airport Parking contractors collect general information about your visit which may include your server address, the date and time of your visit, the pages you accessed, the information you downloaded and the type of Internet browser you used.
- Airport Parking and/or Airport Parking contractors may use this information in anonymous, aggregated form, for statistical purposes only, to assist Airport Parking in improving the quality and usability of Airport Parking website.
- A cookie is a small string of information that a website transfers to your browser for identification purposes. The cookies Airport Parking and/or Airport Parking contractors use may identify individual users.
- Cookies can either be "persistent" or "session" based. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer, contain an expiration date, and are mainly for the user's convenience. Session cookies are short-lived and are held on your browser's memory only for the duration of your session, they are used only during a browsing session, and expire when you quit your browser.
- Airport Parking and/or Airport Parking contractors may use both session and persistent cookies. This information may be used to personalise your current visit to Airport Parking and Airport Parking contractors' websites. Upon closing your browser, the session cookie is destroyed.
- Most Internet browsers can be set to accept or reject cookies. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can adjust your Internet browser to reject cookies or to notify you when they are being used. However, rejecting cookies may limit the functionality of Airport Parking website.
Access and correction of your personal information
You can ask to obtain access to your personal information that Airport Parking and/or Airport Parking contractors hold, although under some circumstances permitted by law, Airport Parking may not provide such information to you. Also, Airport Parking may not be able to require Airport Parking contractors to provide personal information to you.
Airport Parking may ask you to put your request in writing and pay a reasonable fee levied by Airport Parking for this.
It is important t Airport Parking that the personal information Airport Parking hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you are aware that this is not case and would like your personal information corrected, or simply desire access to your personal information, please contact Airport Parking
If Airport Parking decide not to correct or provide you with access to your personal information, Airport Parking will give you our reasons for our decision.
Site Security Policy
Airport Parking website uses up-to-date technology to maximise the security of your personal information. Technology such as Secure Site Certificates and Secure Socket Layers ensure your information is secure as possible. We use a Thawte Secure Site Certificate to protect your personal information.
If you have a complaint about the way Airport Parking have dealt with your personal information, please contact Airport Parking
Airport Parking will make all reasonable attempts to respond to your complaints or requests.
Please contact Airport Parking if you have any queries about the personal information that Airport Parking hold about you or the way Airport Parking handle that personal information.